CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 15, 2010

It's Good to be Wrong

Yesterday I show up to work 20 minutes earlier so I could sit down, get all my stuff together and check my work emails. I'm scanning through them deleting all the old ones that have nothing to do with me and I come across one that says "Performance Review" my heart sank. I know that I have been doing a good job at work but I just wasn't ready for that. I had no choice I was already at work no calling in sick now.

I walk into the room trying to act calm (I've just always hated these things). I come to find out my review was for only August-Nov so when I was still brand new and my old TM was the one who wrote it up (great). On a scale from 1-4 (4 being the best) all I got was 2's. Which I did understand because hello I was still really new when they did this "review". The other manager who was in the room as well just popped in and said "I have to tell you something" I was terrified it was going to be something horrible! She just told me that out of everyone who was hired in August I was the biggest surprise to her. She admitted she didn't want to hire me but the other TM at the time told her to just give me the chance. She said she admits when she is wrong and she was wrong about me! I have to say IT'S GOOD TO BE WRONG!. I was actually shocked to hear this but at the same time I understood her hesitation because she was worried I was going to be to easy on the techs because my husband was one at one time or another. Overall my review was great! I'm staying in Ottawa (it's my home away from home). For the first time in my life I really do enjoy my job.

I'm glad they love me but really, why wouldn't they? ;)


PS - Don't worry I haven't forgotten about my 101 things!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm happy things are going so well for you!! Keep on bullying those techs!

    ReplyDelete